AMZ_CSUEB

Hip Hop Artist, Yo Gotti Visits Students at CSUEB

In an event arranged by CSU East Bay’s ASI., rapper Yo Gotti came to the campus theater last Thursday to meet and greet students but failed to put on a much anticipated performance.

“I honestly looked at it as a positive thing for a respected rapper to take the time to come out to our school and meet us,” said freshman Wesley Sheppard.

According to senior and ASI Special Event Supervisor for concerts  and comedy Kristi Stewart, arrangements were set for Yo Gotti to perform his song “Act Right” after students had a chance to take pictures and get autographs. Yet, despite ASI receiving confirmation of the plans before the event, Yo Gotti ended up leaving soon after he met the students.

“I wish they could have let us know earlier that it was just a meet and greet,” said CSUEB freshman, Erin Stewart. “ We were really confused about what was going on and it became irritating standing in the line.”

The performance was cancelled, because Yo Gotti arrived late but still wanted to have enough time to meet and greet everyone who came, Kristi Stewart said.

“When I got the email from Sony they specifically said Yo Gotti wanted to interview with all forums of campus media including, The Pioneer, Pioneer Web TV, radio podcast and that he wanted to meet and greet with all students; and so that was his focus,” said Kristi Stewart.

Kristi Stewart said she is working on making it up to the students with future events, especially for people who signed up for VIP.  She said she is still in communication with Sony Music Entertainment who said they promise to make it up to the students. Stewart mentioned she is excited to see what that means.

“Even though it didn’t go as planned, I still appreciate ASI for bringing him out and giving us students a break from stress that can sometimes weigh us down,” said Erin Stewart.