AMZ_CSUEB

Word on the Street – What do you think about the future quarter to semester transition?

“I like the quarter system a lot better; I feel like it goes by faster and you get more classes done, quicker than in a semester – semester is a little bit too long. If it changes, I’m still going to be here, but I would prefer it to be quarterly. “

– Cynthia Yang
Pre-Nursing, Sophomore

“I prefer the quarter system; I would be a sixth or seventh year if I didn’t have a quarter system. It gives you that chance to retake classes; [In the] semester system if you mess up one or two times – you’re screwed.”

Ryan Phillips
Music Composition, Senior

Marisol Benitez
Biology, Junior

“Oh, see, I kind of like the quarter system better than the semester system just because I’ve gotten use to it and the classes are way shorter. I think we should stick to the quarter system. Don’t change it.”

Kalette Cole
Psychology, Sophomore

“It’s what makes this school unique, because not that many schools are quarter system. I really wanted the quarter system. It’s fast-paced; you learn to budget time. [We’ve] become used to the quarter system, but then [when] it switches to semester, you might get laid back and chill and relax. All the classes will be boring. If you have long lectures … it will be even longer because it’s more spread out, compared to quarter where you get a period done within a week.”

– Michael Tang
Biology, Sophomore

“I really don’t like that transformation, because I think the quarter system is better. Why should we have semester since we are in quarters. I don’t think we should change it.”

Helen Hoang
Biology, Sophomore

By Jamie Soto