CSU East Bay Community Gathers to Raise Money for Students Involved in Car Accident

The brothers of Delta Sigma Phi hosted a fundraiser at the Agora stage Tuesday night to raise money for two CSU East Bay students involved in a serious car accident Sunday, Nov. 4, Amar and Nirmal Singh. The crash ended in four fatalities and left seven critically injured. Three members of the Singh family have passed away.

Over 100 CSUEB students and staff joined the Singh family to show their support for the two young men now faced with staggering medical bills and the responsibility of becoming care givers for their family.

“This isn’t about us, it is about them,” said Dominic Skipper, one of the fundraiser coordinators in a Facebook post. “They are our brothers, our friends, people who have touched our lives and become a part of what we define not as a Fraternity but family. That family in our eyes encompasses not only our chapter, but also the rest of the Greek community.”

According to Skipper, at least $5,426 has been raised at the time of publication between online donations and Tuesday’s fundraiser.

Anyone who wishes to donate to the Singh family fund may do so at  www.indiegogo.com/SinghFamilyFund.