Word on the Street – Financially, what does your holiday season look like?

“I can afford to go home for the holidays. I live in San Marcos, which is by San Diego. I’m taking the MegaBus from Oakland, it’s like $20 to get down there to LA and then my friend is going to pick me up from LA and drive me back.”

Rozina Berhane
Sophomore – Business

“Financially, I’m not going to do much holiday shopping; probably only for really close family and really close friends. I’m going to fly back home. I got a really good deal, like, 59 bucks back to LA, so that’s good [since] I pay that.”

David Alvarez
Freshman – Psychology

“Well for the budget, I don’t think I’ll be able to get anyone anything nice – like, really nice – probably going to have to be some really small stuff, because most of my money has to be saved up for college and stuff.”

Kassandra Mariscal
Freshman – Communication

“I’m from Japan and I’m going back to my country for Christmas. I will give some presents for my parents. I [will] spend like one hundred dollars; maybe I will buy jackets for my father and accessories for my mother.”

Sugulu Kanai
Freshman – International Studies

“I do live at home so I’m fortunate enough to be able to spend it with the family and we’re going to have Christmas Eve – have all [of] the family come over.”

Kaitlin Koykar
Senior – Sociology

“I’m going to get my whole family something; I don’t really have a set budget. And it won’t be that expensive for me to go home because I live in Sacramento. Somebody can just come get me.”

Marianah Cecchi
Sophomore – Business

“Financially, I’m actually able to go home. I don’t live very far so I commute easily by car. As far as gifts go, I’m stable enough to buy my friends and family a few gifts and I’m hoping to possibly get a new car for Christmas.”

Bianca Jean
Freshman – Psychology