CSUEB Art Gallery to Host Annual BFA Exhibit

January 8, 2015

California State University, East Bay’s Art Gallery starts off the New Year with an exhibit set to open next week. The theme of the exhibit is the Annual Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibition.

The exhibition occurs annually and originated with the former gallery Director Lanier Graham in 2004.

“It is intended to showcase the newest and best work by students in the BFA program,” said Art Gallery Curator, Phillip Ringler.

Ringler is alumni of East Bay and graduated with a BFA. He started out as a student assistant during his undergrad working in the art gallery and has been with the department for over 14 years.

His previous experience included photography for San Diego State’s Daily Aztec, and also holds a MFA from John F. Kennedy University.

“The Bachelor of Fine Arts program is for students with a strong art practice who plan to attend graduate school for Fine Art,” said Ringler. “Students in this program are required to take more units as well as meet several times with a panel of instructors and lecturers for a more involved critique of their work.”

Students featured in this event are Evelin Saavedra, Justin Pastores, Carolina Gainey-Vejar, Jun Oregana, Jon Bischofberger, Charles Williams, Jessica Brooke, and Melanie Williams. Students decide on the work they want to display. It’s up to the Art Gallery Curator and Staff to design and install the exhibition.

The opening reception for the exhibition is Tuesday, Jan. 13 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and it will run starting on Jan. 13 to Feb. 5, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The Pioneer • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in