Starbucks Serves Its First Cups of Coffee at CSUEB

The long-awaited Starbucks in the library on campus finally opened its doors to a line of anxious members of the CSU East Bay community on April 18.

Construction on the Starbucks started in late December of last year and was finally completed last month.

The addition to the school, nestled underneath the southern staircase in front of the library, hired and trained employees starting late last month.

Though the construction  caused a bit of dust and noise disturbances to those using the library the last couple months, the opening was long anticipated by many in the campus community.

The lack of dining diversity on campus has been a complaint from students for a while.

The addition of Einstein’s Bagels and Starbucks may not be small steps towards a larger food selection since they cater to a meal that many college students overlook—breakfast.

Most culinary choices on campus center around lunch and dinner, so offering more breakfast options has been well received by the campus community.

The other coffee bar on campus, Java City in the Old University Union, is still fully operating. Nonetheless, Starbucks was  still built and opened.

So far, Starbucks is an immediate success with lines pouring out the door since it opened.