Comedy show is a laughing matter

KRIS STEWART/THE PIONEER

MTV2’s Karlous Miller brings the crowd to a roar with his comedy.

Sports and Campus Editor

The Associated Students, Inc. comedy show brought laughs to the California State University, East Bay Theatre on Tuesday night.

The crowd was treated to local talent like CSUEB student Ben Lal as well as Fremont native Kabir Singh. The show was headlined by two well-known television personalities in Karlous Miller from Nick Cannon’s and MTV2’s Wild ‘N Out, and Leslie Jones who is in her second season as a featured player on Saturday Night Live.

Lewis Belt, whose YouTube videos have garnered thousands of views, also performed at the comedy show and capitalized on the predominantly younger crowd with his humor.

“Anybody 20 in here?” Belt said. “Oh okay we all confused up in here then, this a confusing ass age.”

Lal, who is a student at CSUEB and has performed on campus before, also capitalized on the crowd of college students in some of his jokes.

“I go to this school [CSUEB] and I like it here because I’m a first generation college student, the first person in my family to go to college,” Lal said. “Which only means I’m gonna be the first one in my family to drop out of college.”

Miller was the penultimate performer of the night before the headliner Jones. Jones’ act is vulgar, laced with profanity and she stuck true to her form in her performance at CSUEB when she talked about television advertisements that are geared toward rescuing dogs.

“This f– up commercial comes on TV make me feel like it’s my fault that the dogs are getting f– up,” Jones said. “It’s not my fault these dogs is f– up.”